Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Treasure


I guess I've been dead for some time now…
How could I keep this up for as long as I have if I wasn't?   
After losing everything there is to live for, going forward seems more than pointless, or blatantly foolish, but an insult to the sanctity of the world I've lost.  I've never been one to do what I’m told though, so I’m sure it’s no surprise to see me out here, walking in the face of all the good advice that I was once the kind proprietor of.  There’s a good reason why I find myself walking alone, though “good” might not really be the word for it.  I’m alone because no one should have to see all that’s become of us in the face of this great tragedy, none are meant to see the worst of this through till an end so bitter, I can taste it getting stronger and stronger with each day that passes into this ultimate unknown.  So why am I so special?  I’m not, and I guess that’s the point…  It’s not without her that I find the will to endure another day, and had I not made that promise to her, I would have ended this so so long ago. I suppose that is the only thing alive left in me, and that ember, that spark, deep deep down keeps me lit to carry it on into the darkness of another day.  I suppose it’s enough to carry me on, after all, this world has so little to give anymore, even the smallest things can become treasure…

No comments: